Sunday 12 October 2008

So is it all going to be doom and gloom from now on? The world economy appears to be in free fall and fiscal parachutes don't appear to be working, so who is going to save us? Will I ever have spare change in my pocket again? Will the cat have to change from haute cuisine to leftovers ? What is more will he put up with it, or will he use next doo'r cat flap and just help himself? So many serious questions and not enough answers.

I went to a fantastic event yesterday in Newcastle upon Tyne. The work of a Northumbrian artist, Malcolm Teasdale, was on display. If you're into the fifties or lived through those times, this is the exhibition for you. I wandered down lanes in his art work that I'm sure I knew; at one point I was certain of what lay round a corner. The washing was still on the line; our neighbours were gossiping at the back door. For sheer nostalgia this is a treat! The bonus was I met and talked to other art lovers. Perhaps this is a sign of the times. When the going gets tough we'll all become nicer people because we're going to need each other a lot more.

Just to let you know, Rocky, our cat hasn't been very well. Ahhh! He's been in yet another fight! Can he help it with his name? Well, no. Anyway he's got a swollen smile because he's lost a canine tooth. The good news is that the vet says he's in good condition and admired his coat. This is probably because of the left over tinned salmon he miaows for every Sunday.

I'm now going to enjoy another sunny Sunday. Can you believe it? We've had three in a row! Long may my kind of weather continue.

Lorna

1 comment:

Yvonne Young said...

Now that you`ve finished your book are you going to blog again? I know that you still have a novel, children`s verse plus a fiction for teenagers, but that`s no excuse. See you MOnday xx